Monday, January 28, 2013

Today's Coffee: Wake Up Joe

So much has happened in the past few days! So much exciting news!

#1: 
We got a new dryer! For those of you who didn't know, our dryer died on Christmas Eve. We hung ropes through our upstairs and dried our clothes like that for awhile. And our dear friend, JB, let us use her dryer. And thankfully, through another good friend, LA, we were able to secure one. It was given to us. Sigh. Having soft clothes and towels is really a great feeling.

#2:
Thomas and I are hoping and practicing hard so that we can go to Oberlin's Baroque Performance Institute. I've been taking lessons for awhile now and we are looking forward to getting serious about this passion of ours! After getting involved in Music City Baroque and being able to perform Bach's Mass in B Minor, I finally felt that I was pursuing a dream. You know, those dreams that don't make a lot of fiscal sense but you know you were wired to do... that's what baroque violin is to me. If you or someone you know is going, please let me know! I don't like going to things and not knowing anyone. This is something that is hard for me: to not know my way around or where to buy groceries... so any advice??

#3:
 Thomas is now Full-Time Organist and Music Associate at Covenant Presbyterian! We are so excited that the Lord has blessed us in this way. We will continue our ministry at this precious-to-us church as we endeavor to build and strengthen the music ministry program there. 

And now, some pictures:
Beautiful amaryllis flower given to me by a student.

Sweet Potato Soup

Wilson is helping me vacuum! 

He put this little guy in his wagon and pulled him all around the church as we were preparing for Room in the Inn. 

Today I made applesauce. So good!

So, please follow the blog either by becoming a follower on the right side or by signing up via email on the left side. I also will write you letters if I have your address. We can skype too! Please let me know if you want to swap info. Getting away from fb is something I've wanted to do for awhile... so, you've been warned. :)

In Christ,
Julie




No comments:

Post a Comment