Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Today's Coffee: Tall, Dark and Handsome Roast

Continuing my desire to post more about our lives this is what has been going on lately:
Well, Wilson is now 5 months old and we were given the go ahead to start feeding him solids - so, being the daughter of the owner of the Brick Street Cafe - with their famous sweet potato pie - I only saw it fitting for sweet potato to be his first real food. So, this is what the sweet potato looked like after I put it through the baby food maker: (yum)



This picture is a little blurry but I thought that this totally captures my little boy! He's SO sweet and cute!

So, back to sweet potatoes, he didn't really like them. After every bite (trying to disguise it as rice cereal) he would make this slightly pitiful face and then not trust the spoon. After several attempts (and a few successes) we decided to try again in a few days. 

Wilson is also a champ at shaking toys now. It's so cute! He doesn't quite know how to shake them without wacking himself in the head sometimes... he'll learn. 

One of the foods that I am pretty much obsessed with for the past few months has been a typical Chicago-style hot dog. Thomas and I discovered that we love Sonic's sweet peach iced tea at the same time of discovering that they are selling different style hot dogs now. And Chicago is one of them. I have put a different pepper on ours this evening but here is a picture of dinner tonight:



There's basically nothing better in my mind right now. Look at all that amazingness. 

So, we also grew a hot pepper in our sad sad garden. We have been gone so many days this summer that we were quite surprised to find this little guy waiting for us this evening - and so yes, he did make it onto our dogs tonight. 



So, that's about it for right now. My baby has a mean case of the hiccups and I'm having a hankering for some cookies. Til next time!

In Christ's Love,
Julie


No comments:

Post a Comment