Thursday, July 21, 2011

Today's Coffee: Breakfast Blend

Today's adventure was to make homemade oreos. You see, I have begun 'stumbling' on the internet and I find some of the most amazing recipes. Now that summer is here (and yes, it gets up to the 90s in Connecticut too!) I have been doing a lot of crafting and cooking/baking. My favorite craft site is:  
This site will post a little more than 20 different DIY crafts, photographs, door prizes and tutorials each day. I have their app on my ipod touch and have favorited over 100. One of the crafts that I have started and am continuing to work on in my spare time is this one:
She made hers with all one color but I took old t-shirts from Thomas and my closets and are making the rug with those - so it will be colorful!

Anyways, back to these oreos. The blog I found is:

And these are what mine look like - be prepared to want some!




First I started with ... kinda a mess.




Rounded teaspoons onto a baking sheet.




I am not a very patient sifter. I loathe this kitchen tool. :)




Here are my baked oreo cookies!




Yummy! Icing!




Finished! Wooboy - are these bad boys GOOOOOD!.... Now, I need a tall glass of cold milk to go with it!



And a picture of my sweeties!

So, I hope you go and make them. Probably never again will I pay the outrageous amount for packaged oreos now that I can make some REAL GOOD ones!

In Christ's love,
Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment