Saturday, January 2, 2016

Today's Coffee: Counterculture - Iridescent - pour over

     Enough with the promises of "I'll do better this year." I'm not a great blogger. I'm not great at stopping and collecting pictures and uploading them and then trying to have something witty and cute to say about our lives. What I can say though is that when something huge happens in our lives, I do feel enough guilt that I will sit down and write a post. And so, without further ado - something huge has happened to the Russells...

     We have moved back to South Carolina! Thomas is now organist at First Presbyterian Church in Columbia. This is very exciting because we are now much much closer to our families! It was hard to say goodbye to the friends we made in Nashville, but we will stay in touch. The Lord has been good to us, giving us much more than we could ever deserve and we will continue to glorify His name.

     It is hard to know what to type about in a blog. I never want to share too much info about our family, but I do want our friends and family to stay informed on the interesting aspects of our life... so I could talk about what it's like to have 3 kids. That's pretty amazing. I mean, Thomas and I are super tired all the time, drink coffee like fanatics, and have harmonized all the songs that you could possibly sing to children. I could talk about deciding to homeschool W this academic year through preschool. Maybe some insight to our coffee obsession and how it has transformed into a morning ritual (lasting many too many minutes) that we now rely on. Resolutions? How I want to read more, be more diligent about daily violin practice, or my desire to just be better in general? My kids and how W is almost 5 (?!?) years old, M is 2, and T is almost 9 months. How I already miss those funny little stone walls that were everywhere in Nashville, but how excited I am that in Columbia, you can buy wine in grocery stores?

     Well, all those things are true. But I can't talk about them. Because I'm not a great blogger and I don't know how to expound upon those things. So, with that said, here's a picture of the kids from Christmas Eve:


     And a couple of pics from earlier this year:






     So, there it is. Hopefully I'll blog more. Guess we just have to wait for more exciting things to happen...?

In Christ,
Julie

2 comments:

  1. I'm in Columbia right now too! Ryan's grandparents live here. So hi! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am excited for new opportunities in Columbia, however, I will miss knowing that you are at Covenant. I love seeing photos of 3 growing too fast children!

    ReplyDelete