Thursday, October 24, 2013

Today's Coffee: Pumpkin Spice and Tums


Well, I had written out an outline of sorts to update the blog with, because a lot can happen in a month! But, I lost it. Also, my memory is pretty horrendous these days. I'll see what I can do here. 

I've been sleeping on the couch for the past several weeks due to my heartburn. That's not been fun, but I'm starting to get used to it, and sleeping a bit better now. I'm currently 34 weeks pregnant and feeling every bit of 44 weeks. :)
Our little sweet pea gets the hiccups a lot. Many hours a day it seems that she has the hiccups and she loves getting wedged into very uncomfortable positions, so that mixed with the Braxton Hicks and the heartburn makes me miserable. But, then I see a mom carrying a baby around, and I am reminded that this is all worth it. W has been really sweet about it all too. Each night he kisses M goodnight and tells her he loves her. 

W standing next to our lemon tree, that I grew from a seed from a lemon we used in a recipe!

Our fall garden: spinach, kale, broccoli, and carrots. 

Our good friends got engaged recently and we hosted an Engagement Party for them! My mom would have been so proud! Here's just a couple of pics (I'll have more in a new post):

Beautiful flowers and yummy food! The cupcakes have toppers with famous literary couples and quotes from their love story. 

This was the sign-in table. Decorated with books and pictures, a game where we had to guess who said what on facebook and a jar for their honeymoon fund!

So, I could just be hiding a pumpkin underneath there :)

Our family at the pumpkin patch!

Things are really coming together with our house and we are so ready for the feeling of 'moved in'. We had our new countertops installed recently. They look great! And Thomas got the sink installed. That was pretty cool. 

W has lots of words and it's fun to talk to him now. Car rides are more interesting as motorcycles and tunnels are obviously reasons for great celebration. He usually wants us to follow the motorcycles as he says "Hurry Dan! Hurry Dan!" (He can't say his ending 'd' sound, so he calls T - Dan instead of Dad. It's cute. 

Anyways, chores are calling my name. Please be praying as we are about 5.5 weeks away from meeting our sweet pea. 

In Christ,
Julie

2 comments:

  1. Praying for you as you near the climax of this amazing journey towards baby #2 - you look stunning, Julie, and I am so happy for you guys :)

    -Chloe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Chloe,
      Thanks for the prayers! I certainly don't feel stunning! Ha! It'll all be worth it in the end, it's just funny how different these two pregnancies have been!
      -Julie

      Delete