Monday, September 9, 2013

Today's Coffee: Vanilla Biscotti


Well. Where have I been?
We've been busy. I feel like I always say that. Well, we have. For real. 

Things are going well with the house. Our new artwork:

I followed a diy tutorial I found on pinterest. Not hard at all. 
It was fairly easy: I went to imslp.org and printed off the music I wanted to use and took it to Staples and had them blow it up (it was 4 sheets) to 36x24. The lady behind the desk didn't need a lot of direction - she said people had been having her do it a lot lately! :) I purchased a canvas with a coupon from Michaels and mod podged it on. Then after it dried I brushed tea and coffee on it to 'age' it. Then another layer of mod podge and voila a great piece of wall art! Total cost:

Staples print-out : $3.59
Michaels canvas : $23.00
Mod podge : $4.00
Total : $30.59

This is the Biber sonata that Thomas and I played together at Oberlin this summer! We read from the manuscript, so it's fun to see it everyday!
Choirs and lessons have all started back. We are slowing getting our house in order. Here is our dining room:


We are so happy with how the floors, walls, and bench turned out!

Now just some lovely snapshots of our lives:

Oh yea - we are having a GIRL! This is me opening the first gift after we announced! Do I look nervous? ;)

W is feeding the goats at the zoo!

So, sometimes the laundry doesn't get done... and we end up having days where our little man looks fairly crazy. Today was one of those days. Also, note the stickers all up his arm. Overall - a typical Monday. 

Well, I am 28 weeks pregnant today. I'm incredibly uncomfortable. The leg cramps, heartburn, and back pain haven't been fun - but because of some slight complications, I've had pain most days. I have to take it easy (what? how do you do that? how is that a 'thing' when you have a 2.5 year old?). So, that hasn't been fun - and I am so much slower this time around! 

More to come later. I need a snack. And some water. 

In Christ,
Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment