Saturday, June 8, 2013

Today's Coffee: Ice Water and a Krispy Kreme Doughnut

We've kept busy the past week or so! We are under contract for a new house. We are praying that this house will work our for us as our lease in our current rental is up at the end of July. The Russell Family visited last weekend and we had a blast!

W is now in a big boy bed! It used to be his Papa's!

Uncle Eth is the best

Family picnic - eyes being open was optional?  :)

Boy, W and I sure love our pickles!

A great pic of Uncle Matthew and W!
We went to a local park today and had a great time listening to a studio of bluegrass students play and tap dance, catch crawdads in the creek, and dance with ribbons!



We had a great time - and I kept feeling as if I was going to see Leslie Knope somewhere telling Jerry and Tom what to do next. Well, now I have some chicken bbq packets on the grill - in foil with broccoli and pinto beans (it's amazing!) and I'm going to see if I can convince T to slice into a watermelon for me tonight. 
Also, if you have thoughts/tips/advice on how to get a 2 year and 3 month year old to sit (or even act like he's paying attention) during family worship, let me know. We're trying to get him to sit through a hymn that we sing (usually just 1 or 2 verses), a Bible story, then prayer - and it's really tough! But, we persevere and do it each night - I'm just wondering what others do and what worked for them. 
In Christ,
Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment