Monday, January 23, 2012

Frugal Momma Isn't the Only Gal in the House Now...

     That's right! Faith is living with us for the semester! So far, it's been amazing. One great thing is that I can now shower more... it's hard when your little one takes 'ninja naps' (so quick... they don't even count) and is now a super-crawler. I'm so thankful that she's here. Also, it's been good for both Thomas and I because we have now joined the Y. And for real - the Y in Green Hills is nice. We've never joined a gym (other than Strom in college) because of how pricey they are and we should be able to keep fit on our own. But, Faith is a beast (in the most super human strength way) and she's a member so we thought we would look into how expensive it is. Well, the Y we joined has this cool membership fee that if you make less than a certain amount, they base it off of your income. So, for 3 adults and 1 dependent (Wilson) - we got a truly amazing deal! Oh, did I mention that they babysit too???? Up to 2 hours a day and 9 hours a week. Could it be any better?

Happy Boy! Christmas PJs are one of the only sleepers left that fits... so he still wears them.


     So, we've been working out. And about Faith being good in the gym... she's like our personal trainer. She knows so much about fitness - and she herself can pretty much do everything longer and with more weight than I can - that she's really able to help us get in a great workout every day. We go 6 days a week - 1 day is pool day and 1 day is Spin class. Saturdays are Beef Days - we do a long run (more than 3 miles) and then slow maxing out with lifting heavy weights. The other days are all about cardio and specific strength training. It's so incredibly hard and amazing all at the same time. It also feels really good to be active again. :)

Snow in Nashville!

     Thomas is the new interim choir director at church. Right now, Covenant Pres is looking for a new one and Thomas has stepped in to help bridge the gap during the search. It's been pretty cool so far - all those classes he's taken he is finally putting to use. He does work more now, but he's enjoying it. 

Lovin' on my little boy (who did NOT want to stand in the snow!)


     I am going to the dentist tomorrow morning. I believe Wilson cracked my front tooth in one of his thrashing around sessions. So, I can't really focus on anything else until this is taken care of. I don't know what my deal is with the dentist... but I usually cry and have small panic attacks. Just thinking about it raising my heart rate... so, onto other topics (prayers appreciated!!!). 

He loves holding blankets in his mouth like a puppy dog.

     Wilson, as I've said before, is a crawling maniac now. He's super quick and always looking to try new things. As, having said that - he now can climb the stairs. We tried taking a video but after 5 minutes of him just singing and dancing on the stairs, we quit. We are trying to plan our semester out as we would like to take a couple trips with Faith. We want to drive over and see Graceland at some point. Just seems like it could be really interesting. And we also want to get to Greenville too. Wilson is getting so big... he's going to be 11 months old in 2 days! Then, in 1 month he'll be ONE YEAR OLD!!!! We are going to throw a Train Party here at the house on Feb. 25 for him. I'm starting to get ideas for cute party things now. Any ideas, please let me know!

He blinked... but man o man... doesn't he look like a Russell baby? I think he looks like Ethan!


     That's about all for now! Be sure to be praying for Thomas in his new position - that he would strive to glorify God through music and that he can keep his eyes on Jesus and the cross when things get stressful for whatever reason. I also ask that you pray for me tomorrow in the dentist chair. I pray that it isn't anything serious (and hopefully not too expensive). Also, let me know how I can pray for you - after all, you are my friends and family and I love you!
In Christ,
Frugal Momma

4 comments:

  1. Tell me to stop making excuses and get to the gym! I was given a Gold's gym membership, but I haven't worked out in 3 months... I have to get back SOON!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stop making excuses! I just motivate myself by thinking about how in shape I want to be when we decide for baby #2 - studies show that being fit helps in labor and recovery... also, I just miss my old body! But, having Faith here really helps - a gym buddy is what you need...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that cute hat on baby boy, Julie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think he is really starting to look more like Thomas now. Cute pictures and great post!

    ReplyDelete