Monday, February 22, 2010

Today's Coffee: Starbucks Christmas Blend

As you can see, we are just now getting to Seth and Faith's coffee they gave us at Christmas. We got about 9 bags and have been loving it! Thomas and I want to be better about keeping in touch with people - and one way to do that is to update the blog more than once a month. So, here I am... sitting in Woolsey Hall getting ready to listen to an organ recital at 8 and thought I would blog again. Today was the first day back at school after we had the last week off. It was hard to get everyone to focus and we had small meltdowns about the whereabouts of instruments - but it all worked out by the end of the day.

Thomas and I went to Virginia Beach to see my Granny. She has recently been diagnosed with a brain tumor and is starting radiation tomorrow for it. 5 days a week for 6 weeks. Ugh. We were able to spend some awesome time with her while we visited. We helped her take a car load of things to a thrift store - only to find out that they will not take anything that is stained or torn. She said that we had to leave quickly then before they opened up the bags and saw what she was donating. ;) We also fed the seagulls and ran around with her poodle Trixie. The weather was lovely and the jets were flying about every 4-5 minutes from the base near her house. Overall, it was wonderful to see her (even though it was on short notice). We hope to get back down there during Tom's spring break in March and then again during my spring break in April.

In other news, I played some duets with my dear friend Chloe the other day. I played viola and she played violin. We played through... let me rephrase that - she played and I hacked through the Handel-Halvorsen passacaglia duet. Needless to say, I'm hooked on viola. I love it. Such power and a nice change in tone from the usual violin sound. So, I borrowed the music from her and hope to truly it. Thomas' half hour recital in Woolsey Hall will be on March 3rd - so he is getting ready for that and practicing hard. He has also joined a chamber group where they play early music and Thomas gets to play harpsichord. He really likes it and hopes to possibly continue more on harpsichord.

Well, we are both fairly busy - with school(s), orchestra, chamber groups, church and private lessons. We really are going to start running and I want to cross train by swimming for our next race. Could be fun. Please keep us in your prayers as we hunt for new housing for next year while keeping the cost low.

In Christ,
The Russells

No comments:

Post a Comment